Friday, January 23, 2009

Make me tick...

I think one of the most important things in life, I learning how you function well. What makes you tick, (not like have small seizures) but what things help you learn? What type of people do you work well with? What are your strengths? Who do you have that can do the things that aren’t your strengths? All of the afore mentioned thing will help you become a better leader, boss, manager, and overall employee.

I took the Strength Finder 2.0 test a while back along with the rest of our church staff, and my top 5 strengths were: Competition, Restorative, Communication, Input, Arranger.


This morning, I met Luke at the Coffee Bean to work on the outline for the next message series we are doing. While there, we both had 2 completely different ideas of how we thought the sermon should go, based on the angle we were taking. After a while we began to discuss the differences and what we wanted the students to learn. And after a little while longer, we began to try to convince the other person to join our side. Now I'm not saying I'm better than him, (even though I am very competitive) but the outline ended up looking more like what I had in mind than what he had.


Here is something I realized about myself today. I like to argue; not just to argue, but to learn. My input strength is one that allows me to receive input from others and debate to come up with a resolution that make the most sense.


Finding out what helps you learn is a very valuable tool, and if it has to do with gathering information you can seem smarter than everyone else, too!

It is a great way to walk into what God is calling for your life, and to do that to the best of our abilities.

No comments: